Denali Brewery is seeking a fun and energetic individual to join the crew in our Packaging Department. Our Packing Hall is an 8000 square foot facility that has the capacity to can over 700 cases of beer a day!
Essentially this job entails getting the highest quality beer into the vessel – be that can, bottle or keg for distribution. In this position you will also be required, at times, to do a multitude of various tasks to help keep the operation running smoothly. You can expect to work and learn about a lot of various pieces of equipment and brewery functions.
– Extremely high level of attention to detail, specifically with sanitation and documentation.
– Possess technical/mechanical expertise and have the ability to troubleshoot/fix packaging equipment
– Ability to think and act creatively, while conforming to existing standard operating procedures and federal, state, and local regulations
– Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces.
– Ability to sit/stand/bend/walk and maintain manual dexterity for duration of work period.
– Must be able to work independently and be able & willing to work morning, midday, overnight and/or weekend shifts.
– Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments.
– Possess good beer knowledge and a good sense of smell, distinguishing flavors and colors in beer.
– Have a flexible schedule, team player, and be 21 years or older.
Duties will include:
– Operating canning line, keg washer/filler equipment, including set-up, run time, and clean-up.
– Maintain run-time, switch over, and operation of Switchback boxing machine
-Operate the bottling line, de-stemming and re-stemming of kegs, slurring of sour kegs and filling.
– Maintain complete separation of non-sour production from all sour parts and processes
-Operate keg washer, including set-up, run time and clean-up.
-Understand, assemble, sanitize, clean and operate manual kegging rig.
– Tracking and recording keg/can numbers on the beer in sheet as well as the batch tracking worksheet.
– Maintain cleanliness, sanitation of all equipment, tanks, and work areas to specifications.
– Understand and adhere to recipes, processes, and safety procedures in all tasks.
– De-stem, inspect, repair and re-stem any and all kegs
– Assist in monthly and quarterly inventories
– Maintain accurate inventory of all dirty and clean kegs in house
-create culture of ownership